Have you been injured by a government employee on government property?

If you or someone you care about has been seriously injured or harmed because of the negligence of a government agency or personnel, suing the government may be an option.

Depending on the circumstances you can:

  • Sue a county
  • Sue a state
  • Sue a city
  • Sue a judge
  • Sue an attorney
  • Sue other government entities, agencies, or employees

The experienced Board Certified personal injury lawyers at Patton, Nix & Young have successfully represented clients against government agencies in many areas. We are experienced and qualified to handle your civil lawsuit. Our goal is to help you get justice, receive compensation to cover the expenses you’ve incurred because of the injury, and help you get your life back.

Here are a few of the many circumstances when you may need a lawyer to sue the federal government on your behalf:

  • A car accident with a government vehicle
  • An unsafe highway design
  • A poorly designed highway construction area
  • A motor vehicle accident with the operator of government machinery
  • A slip and fall in a government building

Thanks to the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) passed in 1946, individuals can file a claim against the federal government or federal employees if they have been injured.

There are many rules and requirements that must be followed to file a lawsuit against a government agency. Your best option is to seek legal advice from a board certified personal injury attorney.

Contact Us

Our attorneys can help you understand the steps you must take, what to expect, and the possible outcomes of pursuing a lawsuit.

If you have suffered a serious injury in a wreck or accident because of what you feel is the fault of some governmental agency, contact the Patton, Nix, and Young Law Firm. We can help you in your pursuit of suing a federal government agency and starting a personal injury or wrongful death claim.

Request a free appointment today.